cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s unlock...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I wanted to unlock my iphone 5s that is purchased from your company.

I went to the store that i purchased it and I got told to go online and do it. I went online and that was a while ago (6 months), tried to do it and I kept getting emails that you couldn't find my device...

I left it for a while. Now am back at it, I tried doing it via your mobile app but my "o2" device is appearing as my new phone and not the iphone 5s... I did insert my sim card to the iphone 5s and waited a few hours to see if your system will pick it up and finally allow me to unlock the phone that I have paid for. 

Nothing so far... So what am I supposed to do? Since your stores cannot help, this is the last chance for you to make it right. 

I have purchased a product that I should be able to unlock any time I want and thats taken from your terms, its not fit for purpose... if I can't unlock it... Should I go further and raise a complaint with citizens advice?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Instructions are here but you must use the phone on o2 network to latch the IMEI on the system http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Instructions are here but you must use the phone on o2 network to latch the IMEI on the system http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that but it seems like my other deviced is cached on the network... still shows up as Samsung which is my other device instead of iphone 5s... how long do I have to wait for this thing to get off the cache.

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

As above...

Have you at any time had the phone replaced? Just wondering why O2 can't find the IMEI?

Message 4 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
As MI5 said, use it for a day or two to re-latch to your account. then use the unlock button in my O2 to perform the automated request once the correct imei is showing as active in my O2
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It takes a couple of days to register the phone in your MY02.
Keep the sim in and it will show up.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thx for the replies guys I did contact o2 support and I had a guy doing this for me... hopefully I'll get that resolved at some point in time.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Once it shows correct in your MYO2 it'll be fine.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8