cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 3G long shot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following the screen demise of my Sony Xperia z1 I was hoping to use my old iphone 3G as a back up. Still a little cracker and in better working order than a 3 month old Sony but that is another grumble. 

However I got this from O2 many moons ago and I was pretty sure it was never locked to their network, I am sure I had a Spansh sim in it at one point. 

However my vodafone micro sim for my sony is not working in it, just saying no sim insterted. I am suing the micro adapter plate to make it a full size sim. 

If it is locked to O2 what are the chances of them having an unlock code for it when it was moons ago I had it on contract? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
All O2 phones are locked.

Use the payg route by picking up a SIM card and put £20 on it. Make some calls and use the remaining £15 to pay for the fee.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may need to latch its imei number to your O2 telephone number by inserting your 02 sim.assuming your still an O2 customer.

Pick Up a normal sim from 02 ask them to perform the sim swap which moves your number and tariff across.

Or pick up a payg sim and upload £20 on it. Make a few calls and use £15 from it to pay for the unlock fee.

Fill out this form.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%...
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have my O2 sim anymore sadly! Well I probably do somewhere but it is not active anymore so that would not work. I am not an O2 customer anymore - left them after 12 years jut a few months ago. 

So if it is not recognising a sim it is likely cos it is locked? 

Urgh - can't believe I never clicked the phone was locked! How bizzare! My 4s never was 😞

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
All O2 phones are locked.

Use the payg route by picking up a SIM card and put £20 on it. Make some calls and use the remaining £15 to pay for the fee.
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't realise as I had thought I used it with Tim whilst in Brazil. 

However I think O2 have saved the day, called them, they checked my records and the lovely helpful Danny filled out the request form for me and I will be unlocked within 72 hours. He was able to rell me when I got it and when I last used it (june 2012) which made me laugh. 

So hopefully it should be unlocked soon 🙂

Good old iphones - sturdy as bricks! 

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good result.

Remember to insert your alternative SIM card when you get the e mail. Then hook up to iTunes to complete the unlock.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, he said I wouldn't get an email it would just be remote.

Itunes is not recognising my handset either! Oh dear! 

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure your on the latest version of itunes.

Possible help solutions.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1591

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - working on it now 

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you - working on it now