cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calling

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in Mexico I am trying to make calls abroad and each time a message says I am sorry you are unable to make international  calls.

i cannot call o2 support. I tried on iPad chatting with gurus but for some reason the type box will not show so cannot type question.

does anyone know how I can speak to someone at o2 I really need to be able to make calls. This is frustrating beyond the word.

many thanks anyone out there??.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All contact methods are here so you may need to borrow a phone or use a landline http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Have you tried turning off 4g or manually searching for a different network?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All contact methods are here so you may need to borrow a phone or use a landline http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Have you tried turning off 4g or manually searching for a different network?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It sounds like there is an international bar on the account. Whereabouts in Mexico are you. 

Have you used O2 before overseas? 

PAYG or contract? 

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If you have WiFi access you can use Skype or another VOIP and call O2 on 0800 032 1402 which is free. Also, if you do have Skype, you can buy credit and make calls internationally. Probably a lot cheaper than calling using your mobile on O2 from Mexico.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you are abroad and trying to make calls, are these local numbers (ie in Mexico)?

I always found when I travelled to Spain, any Spanish number I tried calling would not connect if I dialled the number manually. However, if I put that same number in my phone contact list and dialled from there, it always connected....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous are you still having difficulties with international calling? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6