Did you mean: 

Imessage not working with my phone number

HA110
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I travelled to USA in January and on my return but imessage associated with  my phone number stopped working.

I have spoken to apple several times, they have taken logs, and done all troubleshooting but cannot find a fault on there side. In addition when i put another sim into the device it is working so it points at the issue being with o2.

I've spoken to o2 several times but for some reason i keep being put through to tech support but the people are quite unhelpful and just keep blaming apple. It seems i cannot get through to tech support directly and must speak to someone inbetween who simply does not understand the issue.

Can anyone here help? or been through something similar?

FTR I have done factory reset, tried other handsets and my imessage works with email but just not with phone number. I have checked settings and have reset them several times to no avail. I have ordered a new sim and now gone onto esim as somone from o2 suggested that it could be the simcard. 

Someone please helpppp!

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Emma to see if she can help

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

HA110
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 any news from her? 

introd contacting o2 customer service today and unfortunately not much help again! 

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@HA110 You can try O2 via social media in the morning:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)
Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

The O2 online advisors are not available on Sundays. I will also tag @O2Lisa who will be on Monday morning.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

HA110
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Bambino - I’m hoping to get a solution from here S I’ve tried Reaching out to o2 with little or no help with a solution. I’m hoping a community memeber went through a similar issue and Dan advise me on here.

thanks anyway!

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@HA110 

The problem with iMessage is that is an Apple provided service, using Apple Infrastructure Apple Push Services and Issued certificates to register your number to be able to use the service, and there is very little o2 can do apart from check you have data and an send the registration text. 

All Apple will check is the handset and not the backend service..

Have you tried the details below:

1. Turn off iMessage. Go to Settings. Scroll down and tap on Messages. Switch off iMessage.
  2. Turn off your phone. Wait 5-10 minutes, then turn it on again.
  3. Go to Settings → Phone and make sure My Number is set correctly. Change it if it isn't.
  4. Turn on iMessage again. Go to Settings → Messages and toggle iMessage on.

And these settings

1. Sign out of your Apple ID. Head to Settings → Messages → Send and receive, then tap your Apple ID email at the top and tap "Sign out".
  2. Turn off iMessage. Head to Settings → Messages and toggle it off.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Turn iMessage back on. Go to Settings → Messages and toggle iMessage on.
  5. Sign into your Apple ID. Head back to Settings → Messages → Send and receive, then tap "Use your Apple ID for iMessage".
  6. Check your carrier settings are up to date. As a last ditch attempt, head to Settings → General → About. Just hang about on this screen for around 60 seconds. If an update to your carrier settings is available, you'll see a pop-up appear.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Hey, thanks for the tag @Bambino.

@HA110 I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Rocheby
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for this! googled for similar issue after porting my number from vodafone and top 4 steps worked for me!

Message 8 of 8