Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPad with esim can’t receive confirmation text

Javadudd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have transferred a physical sim to an esim on an iPad.

Then discovered when O2 asks me to confirm who I am by sending a text message I can no longer do this as the iPad doesn’t receive texts to that sim no on the iPad.

How do I have confirmation texts sent to another number? Which would seem to be the only way to get around this glitch or lack of foresight🤔

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10123 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Javadudd 

I would do whats called HUCA (Hang Up and Call Again) and they can walk you through some addiitional security checks, which they can't do via Chat or Social Media.

The reason it can't be done is all around customer data security, as you could just change the number once in my o2 and change it a different number whilst scamming a customer... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Javadudd 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Javadudd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, 

Just spoke to O2 and it would appear they have a flaw in their logic and can’t redirect to another number for confirmation in this case.

Some other form of 2FA should be employed here so you can confirm who you are.

Under MyO2 you can change your contact details and change your contact phone number which it then sends a confirmation text to so that part works.

Just not to the sim no.

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10123 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Javadudd 

I would do whats called HUCA (Hang Up and Call Again) and they can walk you through some addiitional security checks, which they can't do via Chat or Social Media.

The reason it can't be done is all around customer data security, as you could just change the number once in my o2 and change it a different number whilst scamming a customer... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4