Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I tell if phone hacked

MissChevious
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How can I tell if my phone is being hacked/watched? I was given my phone by my ex and it was a toxic relationship which he controlled. I have a feeling that he has somehow managed to get access to my phone and reads my messages. Is there anything I can do to check this at all?
I would be very grateful for any advice/information about this if anyone is able to help.
Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@MissChevious wrote:
How can I tell if my phone is being hacked/watched? I was given my phone by my ex and it was a toxic relationship which he controlled. I have a feeling that he has somehow managed to get access to my phone and reads my messages. Is there anything I can do to check this at all?
I would be very grateful for any advice/information about this if anyone is able to help.
Thanks

Speaking from experience you should do the following

1. Change your icloud password

2. Check the list of devices at the bottom of the screen when you tap on your name in settings and remove any devices from there you do not recognise

3. Turn on 2 factor authentication for your icloud account

4. Check in settings/messages/text message forwarding and settings/phone/calls on other devices and remove any devices you don't recognise

5. Change passwords for any email accounts and social networks you use

That should secure pretty much everything if he does have access to your device

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MissChevious unless he is a Russian government agent it is highly unlikely that he has the tools or ability to hack anyone's phone, however, if you are really concerned, just do a factory reset and set up your phone from scratch as a new phone, that way, if there is anything on there that shouldn't be, you will get rid of it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@MissChevious wrote:
Thanks

Speaking from experience you should do the following

1. Change your icloud password

2. Check the list of devices at the bottom of the screen when you tap on your name in settings and remove any devices from there you do not recognise

3. Turn on 2 factor authentication for your icloud account

4. Check in settings/messages/text message forwarding and settings/phone/calls on other devices and remove any devices you don't recognise

5. Change passwords for any email accounts and social networks you use

That should secure pretty much everything if he does have access to your device

Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @MissChevious , and welcome to the forum Wave

There's a lot of useful advice above, I hope you'll find it useful! If you have any additional question or need some more help with this, please give us a shout!

Thanks @MI5  and @davethorp  for the suggestions thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4