Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Remove Junk Emails?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

How do I stop receiving junk emails on my phone? I want the junk emials to go straight to my trash folder, but I can only find options to flag emails.  Is it possible to do?

Deleting the odd one is ok but sometimes there's so many (obvious junk ones) that I want to delete.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I'm getting agencies sending general emails to me at 1 minute past midnight every week day 😞

Then I have the annoying spam ones such as fake PayPal, fake Amazon, fake Apple - I don't download or open them.  I just wish they wouldn't go to the inbox.  Surely Hotmail should know that it is fake as it says 'Dear gemmadixon1988' Crazy

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
All my hotmail junk stays in junk, never goes into my inbox
Message 12 of 23

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

About once a month I go on to my Hotmail on my computer and move lots of emails to my junk folder (it's easier to move a lot when on the computer), but days later I get emails from the same email address and they go straight to my inbox. 😞

Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do the same as you also but have never had that problem, can't you just delete them & not worry about it, unsubscribe if you can
Message 14 of 23

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I don't know how to unsubscribe.

I'm ok reading the agency emails at my leisure, I just don't want them to be bombarding my inbox

Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Normally at the bottom of the email it says if you wish to not Receive mail from us click here to cancel or unsubscribe
Message 16 of 23

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I did 'remove from mailing list' on one of them a few weeks ago but I am still receiving emails from them.  I have now clicked unsubscribe to three of them but there are still a few which don't have an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email.

Message 17 of 23

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

On my laptop, if I right click on the email then I get Junk Mail options, 2 of which are "Add sender to blocked sender list" and "Add sender's domain to blocked senders list".

This prevents most unwanted mail reaching the Inbox

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 18 of 23

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Is there a way of doing that on your phone @Beenherebefore ?

Message 19 of 23

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Is there a way of doing that on your phone @Beenherebefore ?

Nope but if they're blocked as they reach the server then they don't get downloaded to your phone.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 20 of 23