cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free wifi problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I try to connect to a wifi hotspot,either O2 or any other I get a blank Safari page on screen with the word " Successful " in very tiny print in the top left of the screen and above this is " WWW.APPLE.CO.UK "

if I close this screen I lose the connection ,I have the latest O2 wifi app and profile installed but even when trying to use the O2 wifi I get the same Safari screen etc, I have been to an O2 store and they looked at it but didn't have any idea what might be the problem

I am going to an Apple store later anyway so will ask there but I just wondered if anyone else had come across this, I am inclined to think it may be an app that is the problem as I have done a full restore on the phone and still it persists,I think I should have restored it as a new phone and then tried without restoring the apps etc

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing and reinstalling the O2 profile seems to have worked as after i had i was able to connect to the O2 and the Apple wifi in Bluewater yesterday

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

A very strange one

I have the app on ipad and iphone and have not seen this behaviour.

All worked fine on both on o2-wf in macdonalds yesterday

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing and reinstalling the O2 profile seems to have worked as after i had i was able to connect to the O2 and the Apple wifi in Bluewater yesterday

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice to read your problem is resolved.

Message 4 of 4