Did you mean: 

Esim 4g calls on Active 2

Neilo_en_fuego
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Acitve 2 4g/LTE Watch and purchased an esim pack over the past weekend. I have everything working on it (Messaging and Data) except the ability to make phone calls..

The problem is, I am able to place a phone call but I get no ringtone on my end, the person I am calling gets a ringtone, but when answering it is completely silent. I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me, it has left several pounds on my bill.

Wi-Fi calling is absolutely fine, as is calling via Bluetooth when remotely connected to my smartphone (Samsung s10+). I have checked my status on My o2 and it does state that I should be able to make calls via 4g. I have also checked all relevant settings on the phone and watch. The ability to make calls was the main reason why I purchased the esim.

Is this a known issue with o2 esim or could somebody possibly help me in fixing this issue?

Thanks kindly all.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Neilo_en_fuego 

I thought only the watch 3 4g is supported on O2, but it looks like Active 2 is also.

There have been issues previously with watches and eSims so it's maybe an issue that customer service could refer to tech support for you.

Numbers to call here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Neilo_en_fuego
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there. Yes Active2 is definitely supported.

Will have to look at contacting customer support later in the week if it doesn't magically work by then.
Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Neilo_en_fuego

Do you have the correct bolt on for the Watch, its charged at £5 per month, as it isnt the same as the phone sim, and has a new number

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

Neilo_en_fuego
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there. Thanks for responding. Yes have everything set-up. Used the QR code and have a separate number for it.

As mentioned, messaging and data usage is fine when using 4g/Roaming via the watch. It is just calls which have been a problem. 😊
Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Neilo_en_fuego 

Just thought id ask, as sometimes people dont do the whole 9yards slight_smile

I would recommend following this guide

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003245/

Also speak to Samsung support who are available via live chat 24hrs a day as they will probably be able to help before speaking to o2. 

(edited to correct typos)

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6