cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy pictures from PC to iPhone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
My girlfriend returned to the dark side and got an iPhone 5S yesterday. I've copied all the photos, music, videos, etc from her old Galaxy 3 but now I'm looking for the best/easiest way to get select photos onto the iPhone without having to install iTunes on my PC!

I know yiu can plug an iPhone into a PC and it'll show as a removable drive where pics can be copied off...but can they be copied onto it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this isn't something we do with the iPhone at work so I'm clueless haha
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
E mail

Or

Dropbox
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
I have a distaste for iTunes and so I use a piece of software from Copytrans to manage to 2 iPhones that I have to deal with.....
http://www.copytrans.net/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say use iTunes and then point it to a folder on your computer where the photos are stored, but I see you mentioned you dont want to install iTunes.

A couple of other ways:

1: Use Dropbox. Dropbox is free and providing your girlfriend doesnt have more than 2GB worth of photos, then she could just sign up for the free Dropbox. 

Firstly go to here and register to get a free Dropbox account https://www.dropbox.com

Once you've done this, sign in using the details you provided when you registered. Next download the Dropbox app on to your girlfriends iPhone and sign in to this with the same log in details.

Now, place all the photos in a folder on your computer that you are wanting to add on to your GF iPhone. Now on your computer, go to the Dropbox website, sign in and then follow the below instructions in the below screenshots:

Home_-_Dropbox.png

You will then be presented with this:

Home_-_Dropbox 2.png

Next, find the folder on your computer (which contains the photos) . It will then open up the folder and you should be able to select all the photos by doing a single click on the first photo and then press SHIFT and then doing another single click on the last photo. You should now find all the photos are highlighted.

After this, the photos will be uploaded into your Dropbox account. Depending on the amount and the speed of your Internet connection, then this could take a while.

Once there on the Dropbox account, your GF can sign in with the Dropbox app and all the photos will  be there for her to see.

If she would like to get them from her Dropbox account and saved on to her iPhone (so that she could see her photos when she did not have a data or wifi connection) you can touch the entry in Dropbox for the photo, then on the bottom left of the iPhone's screen is a little icon that looks like a square with a arrow point upwards from it. Touching this then brings up (amongst other options) the option to Save Image.

Touching Save Image will (for the first time only) bring up a little dialog asking if Dropbox can access the Photos app on your iPhone. Allow this. After this, the photo will be saved from Dropbox and into the Photos app on your iPhone. It will however remain still on Dropbox.

I would recommend doing the saving over wifi, as it could eat into your GF mobile data allowance otherwise.

2: Another way is to email the photos to you GF email address. She could simply then read the email on her iPhone and from there, save the photos on to her iPhone.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestions folks!

I went down the iCloud Control Panel route, which has given me a folder on my PC where I can selectively add photos so that they appear in a folder on her phone.

iTunes and I fell out many moons ago when I owned an iPod Classic and it renamed ALL of my music folders and moved everything around. 160Gb worth of music that I had to sort through again, and as such iTunes will never go near my PC again slight_smile

Message 6 of 6