Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing and resetting iPhone

Jeremy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi , I have recently upgraded to a new phone and would like to clear my old iPhone of all data and reset. Unfortunately it does not seem able to connect to a WiFi network so going through the usual option in settings and resetting from there won’t work as you need to confirm your Apple ID and the phone cannot connect to the server. I have a Mac air but cannot seem to connect the phone as the ports are different so cannot reset through iTunes either. Does anyone know of another way?

Thank you
Jez
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Can you not just put your SIM card into the phone to clear it and then put it back into your new one?
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jeremy1 

You could try logging into iCloud.com online and use the reset option from there. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

G4Grandad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I can't help you as I'm new to iPhone but, if the previous replies haven't helped you, I suggest you look on YouTube and search "Payette Forward" These two guys are ex Apple tech experts and they have dozens of How To videos, very easy to follow, that seem to cover every conceivable problem that can infect an iPhone.
Message 4 of 4