cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing account details and name on account

Anonymous
Not applicable
My step daughter has recently turned 18 and she wants her phone contract to be on her name now and pay the bill herself but wants to keep the number she has that’s on the contract I got her. How do I go about sorting this.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous  I believe the current contract will need to run its course and then your step daughter will have to apply for the contract to be put in her name, but she will need to pass a credit check before that can happen.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The contract has finished and she wants to upgrade. I went sim only for her about 6 month ago.
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Then she will have to apply for a new contract in her name. Info on how to keep her number here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Three ways of starting a new contract. Over the phone, online or instore....As she wants to keep the number of a phone you have been paying for you are probably better off going instore with her or calling https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If the contract is going to be in her name she will have to undergo credit checks etc..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Okay then, @Anonymous, if you are still paying for the sim only contract, and she wants to keep the number and take it over, you will have to either contact Customer Service https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus, or go into an O2 store. You will both have to be either on the phone or in the store together, and she will still have to pass a credit check if she wants the account in her name. There's no getting around the credit check. I would also suggest that you wait until after Christmas to do this, as both the stores and trying to get through by phone will be extra busy at this time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The contract has finished and she wants to upgrade. I went sim only for her about 6 month ago.

If it's a monthly simo she can change it to her own contract immediately, but if it's a 12 month tariff you will still have to wait until it's finished or pay the cancellation fees.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help guys. Will have to try get into the shop sometime with her see if we can get it sorted. It’s just a bit hard getting together with the shifts we both do.
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Good luck @Anonymous. Hope you get things sorted out.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8