cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change saved devices on account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my whole family on O2 so that I can monitor everyone's account in the same place.  My kids have just changed to different iphones but their old models are still showing on my account.  I can't find anywhere to let me update them.  Any ideas how I do it?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Valerie
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

You also have "main number" at the top ....I don't have that on my app either ...I am experienced with computers etc .... definately no way on my app, yes I have also deleted app and updated still nothing ..

Message 11 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10222 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Valerie     You cant do it in the App, you need to do it via the Myo2 portal on the main o2 site.. 

And not using a Mobile Browser, and you can only change the display name of the number so the phone as a description. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123070 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I use the website and not the app @Valerie. In fact the app has so many problems and 'shortages' I refuse to use it. I have been a sim only customer for years and every time I change my phone, I edit using the method I explained above. On my PC via My O2.. I have had a Note3, 4, 8 and 10 (I like the Note range) and there is no problem

This is what it looks like on PC on main home page as soon as you log in.

my o2 my number.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 20

Valerie
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

i only have an iPhone and an iPad ...and it is the same when I go to the main website ...I have had 02 very long time but can't remember now how I actually added the phone when I first started ... .. 

Message 14 of 20

Valerie
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

You said do not use a mobile browser, As I explained, I only have an iPhone and a iPad, no PC and no one I could go to to use one ... so guess I am stuck then ...thanks for your help anyway 👍

Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123070 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

When you first start here and if you buy the phone from O2, it will be in your My O2. (I started with O2 on contract with a Samsung S3. Previously I was PAYG for years.). Since then I have bought every phone outright from other retailers so O2 would have no idea (Or interest) in the phone I'm using @Valerie 

I note you have 2 devices so if you really want both showing in My O2 and you can't find them in My details/devices then O2 are the only people who can add them for you.

Are you able to pop instore?

If not, it will need a call to O2. In fact I will tag one of our account advisors @O2Lisa who is on tomorrow at 8am. She will see this tag and contact you. Come back to the thread then.

Edited to add, when you first added a second device, it would have been in the section Bring in Products

Bring in products1.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

Valerie
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your help anyway, I will close this thread or some folk might get a bit annoyed just repeating .....I have never bought a phone from o2 , always direct from (usually) Apple ... and always pay and go ...perhaps I could have changed the actual phone (not the number) if I could have used a computer, as obviously I only have mobile browser. At least the number is the same ...so thank you 👍

Message 17 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123070 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

As you have JUST mentioned you are PAYG @Valerie, then that's the reason why you can't do any of the things suggested. My O2 for PAYG is completely different to contract.  Bottom line, you can't change the device via My O2 for PAYG.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 144612 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

It only edits the name tag anyway.

Doesn't actually change any of the device details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 20

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning, hope you all had a lovely new year😊

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff@Valerie I'll message you privately so we can discuss this further.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 20