cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, I have smashed the screen on my iPhone 5s to the point where I have Black spots on it, and it doesn't work, I am an idiot, I know, and I don't have insurance or anything on it so I was wondering how much it would cost to fix it. I know a small amount about iPhone 5s' to know that with a replacement screen all the problems should go away. So I was wondering if it would be possible to get it fixed or replaced through you and if so, how much it would cost, I am a pay monthly customer and got my phone in May time so was wondering whether there was anything you could do to help me?

Thankyou

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I understand what you say about insurance but please do check any bank accounts as some do include mobile phone cover.

T&C and excess fees may apply.

Apple do also have a handset replacement programme.

If you have a local Apple shop you can take the phone in ,and they'll fully replace the iPhone for a fee.

Look at this link ->

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone -> under the 'Express Replacement Service ' to view the costs.

Or as long as no internal damage has happened to the phone caused by how the screen was damaged , then your possibly looking at around £60-80 to replace the screen by a HighStreet mobile phone repair standalone shop.

Any work carried out by a standalone mobile phone shop will invalidate any remaining warranty.

I personally wouldn't recommend using o2's own repair process due to the amount of people who have ,and then have posted on the forum listing issues they've had from that avenue of choice.

Of course it's up to you.

If your on an O2 Refresh Tariff you could look at paying off the Handset Plan, and then upgrade again. Just a thought.

As indicated prevention is better than cure so please do think about a case ,and maybe some form of screen shield.

I use the Apple Original Leather Case and a glass tempered screen shield that I hope would protect my iP6+ in any such event.

HighStreet Shops such as CEX for example sell iPhones. They have an online site that you can check out the prices on.

Good luck with your eventual choice.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically, I have smashed the screen on my iPhone 5s to the point where I have Black spots on it, and it doesn't work, I am an idiot, I know, and I don't have insurance or anything on it so I was wondering how much it would cost to fix it. I know a small amount about iPhone 5s' to know that with a replacement screen all the problems should go away. So I was wondering if it would be possible to get it fixed or replaced through you and if so, how much it would cost, I am a pay monthly customer and got my phone in May time so was wondering whether there was anything you could do to help me?

Thankyou

You need to contact customer services on 202 for help if you want the repair done via O2.

Or you could get quotes from local shops which may be cheaper.

It might even be cheaper to buy a second hand iPhone to replace it completely if you have your data backed up.

Why not treat yourself to a new iPhone 6?

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and obviously, look after your phone more carefully - buy a case or bag for it.

You may also be able to claim on your home insurance - check if mobiles are covered.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I understand what you say about insurance but please do check any bank accounts as some do include mobile phone cover.

T&C and excess fees may apply.

Apple do also have a handset replacement programme.

If you have a local Apple shop you can take the phone in ,and they'll fully replace the iPhone for a fee.

Look at this link ->

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone -> under the 'Express Replacement Service ' to view the costs.

Or as long as no internal damage has happened to the phone caused by how the screen was damaged , then your possibly looking at around £60-80 to replace the screen by a HighStreet mobile phone repair standalone shop.

Any work carried out by a standalone mobile phone shop will invalidate any remaining warranty.

I personally wouldn't recommend using o2's own repair process due to the amount of people who have ,and then have posted on the forum listing issues they've had from that avenue of choice.

Of course it's up to you.

If your on an O2 Refresh Tariff you could look at paying off the Handset Plan, and then upgrade again. Just a thought.

As indicated prevention is better than cure so please do think about a case ,and maybe some form of screen shield.

I use the Apple Original Leather Case and a glass tempered screen shield that I hope would protect my iP6+ in any such event.

HighStreet Shops such as CEX for example sell iPhones. They have an online site that you can check out the prices on.

Good luck with your eventual choice.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The glass screen shields are much better than the plastic ones.

I purchased a third party tempered glass one for £10 - you can get a plastic one for a pound from a pound shop, but it won't be anywhere near as good.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

A better feel in using the phone to plastic versions ,and some have the oleophobic coating on too. Mine was £3.00.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bargain for £3!

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The cost of a new screen from Apple would be around £80-£90 & I wouldn't go to any unofficial shops or market stalls as that would invalidate your warranty completely then you won't have that to fall back on, only go for genuine dealers such as Apple or O2 repairs but I'd advise to go straight to Apple after some stories you hear about anova
Message 8 of 8