Did you mean: 

Bought a O2's IMEI blocked iphone

marshal200
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To whom may concern,

Recently, i have made a purchasement of an Iphone XS Max, which later on i found out to be an O2's IMEI blocked phone. I am very confused what to do know other than lodging a police report? Thanks.

Kelvin.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@marshal200 Firstly, this is a customer community, and all we can offer here is advice. By all means lodge a police report. That should be the first thing you do. Also contact O2 customer service and explain what has happened. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus I'm not certain how much they'll be able to help you, as it sounds as if you've been scammed by the person who sold you the phone, but it's always worth asking. Good luck. Hope you can get this sorted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@marshal200 where did you buy the phone from?

Unfortunately it's not uncommon for some unscrupulous people to claim on insurance for a phone and then sell the original which will result in that phone getting blacklisted. In these cases, there is no way to unblock them as a fraud has occurred and legally the phone belongs to the insurance company. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @marshal200, and sorry to hear about your phone. I hope you found the information above useful, but if you have any other questions please let us know! 

Welcome to the Community!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

If you bought the phone from eBay you should claim under Paypal's buyer protection. If you bought the phone elsewhere and paid using a credit card you can claim from your credit card provider using s75 protection. If you used a debit card for payment you should contact your bank who may be able to do a chargeback but this is not guaranteed

If you paid cash then sadly you have a rather expensive paperweight 

Message 5 of 5