cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Replacement

Anonymous
Not applicable
My iPhone 3G battery is knackered. By the time I get to work it's used about a quarter of the battery.
I'll have had it a year next month. Can I still get the battery replaced for free and what do I have to do to prove that it needs replacing? The Apple site isn't exactly filled with info. It just says it can be replaced and repeated sends me to the £55 replacement program.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make an appointment with an Apple Store. The battery is covered.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make an appointment with an Apple Store. The battery is covered.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also make sure you back everything up as you lose everything as I found out when I had mine done about four weeks ago.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also make sure you back everything up as you lose everything as I found out when I had mine done about four weeks ago.

Backed up every night slight_smile

Sorry to hear you lost stuff. Always a pain.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
As it is £55 to replace the battery anyone contemplating keeping their 3G phone may want to consider taking out Apple Care. I notice that it includes the battery for the second year
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there.

I have the same issue - Do they replace the whole handset or so they open the phone and just swap out the battery?
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there.

I have the same issue - Do they replace the whole handset or so they open the phone and just swap out the battery?
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there.

They just replace the battery. It needs soldering in.

SV
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

They just replace the battery. It needs soldering in.
SV

Not in the 3G it doesn't. The battery in the 3G is pretty easy to replace yourself.

I'm also not sure that you will get the same phone back: I believe you may well get a refurb unit. Although this is a good thing if your current phone has any scratches on the casing...
Message 10 of 10