cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applecare for iPhone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am soon buying an iPhone 3GS. And what I want to know is this?

What will Applecare for the iPhone cover me for?

I don't want to be paying out for insurance monthly to be honest!!

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Peppers.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi as far as i am aware the apple care just extends your warranty as well as giving you free technical support. Worth getting as all iphones only come with a 12 month manufacturers warranty. The apple care will therefore only cover you for manufacturers faults in the extra warranty period, therefore insurance is probably advisable also as even though it's £10pm it covers you for worldwide accidental damage, theft and loss; with an excess of only £25 compared to a whopping £440 for a new pay and go iphone as a replacement. Hope this helps slight_smile
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi as far as i am aware the apple care just extends your warranty as well as giving you free technical support. Worth getting as all iphones only come with a 12 month manufacturers warranty. The apple care will therefore only cover you for manufacturers faults in the extra warranty period, therefore insurance is probably advisable also as even though it's £10pm it covers you for worldwide accidental damage, theft and loss; with an excess of only £25 compared to a whopping £440 for a new pay and go iphone as a replacement. Hope this helps slight_smile

Thank's Jadeylou!!
Do you have Applecare and Insurance??
Or do you have one or the other??
Thanks,
Peppers.
Message 3 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Applecare and insurance are 2 different products.

Applecare coveres you for manufacturing faults and battery problems after the first 12 months and technical support for another 12 months ( not water damage).

Insurance coveres you againt loss or damage to your phone ( inc water damage o2 policy).

It is up to you but each product has its own benifits.

Re insurance you do not have to have o2 but compare all options out there ie home contents, bank account and independant providers. But compare all points Excess replacement time where covered and exclusilons.

We have all three iphones insured with o2 but as we are business customers we are not worried beyond 12 months warranty. (perks of business account)
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Applecare and insurance are 2 different products.
Applecare coveres you for manufacturing faults and battery problems after the first 12 months and technical support for another 12 months ( not water damage).
Insurance coveres you againt loss or damage to your phone ( inc water damage o2 policy).
It is up to you but each product has its own benifits.
Re insurance you do not have to have o2 but compare all options out there ie home contents, bank account and independant providers. But compare all points Excess replacement time where covered and exclusilons.
We have all three iphones insured with o2 but as we are business customers we are not worried beyond 12 months warranty. (perks of business account)

Thanks Adam,!
I will have a look at the Insurance options.
Thanks again for the help, appreciated.
Peppers.
Message 5 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Peppers no problem look here for the T&C of o2 Insurance http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/ ... remier.pdf
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's perhaps worth mentioning that if you qualify for educational pricing Applecare costs a 'mere' £47.15 instead of the regular charge of £59. Every little helps, as we are constantly being reminded.

All the best,

Chris
Message 7 of 7