Did you mean: 

Apple watch

PaulC1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have an existing mobile contarct with O2 and am interested in buying an Apple watch Cellular version. What isn't clear is whether this will cost me extra per month on my contract. Can I just buy a watch from say Apple and connect it to my existing phone and away I go. Or is there a charge??

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi PaulC1

If you purchase an Apple Watch outright thats absolutley fine and will work. If you wanted to use the celluar functions @MI5 is right and it will cost you an additional £5 for unlimited data. If/once you've purchased the watch you can add the data plan by opening the watch app, selecting mobile data and following the instructions. unfortunately the 6 month free offer has ended.

Thanks

Stacey 

signature

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@PaulC1 

There is a £5 per month charge for data services but I think the first 6 months are free.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi PaulC1

If you purchase an Apple Watch outright thats absolutley fine and will work. If you wanted to use the celluar functions @MI5 is right and it will cost you an additional £5 for unlimited data. If/once you've purchased the watch you can add the data plan by opening the watch app, selecting mobile data and following the instructions. unfortunately the 6 month free offer has ended.

Thanks

Stacey 

signature
Message 3 of 7

IHTEM9
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

how long is the contract for? is it possible to take out a 30 day contract?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it's a rolling 30 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

IHTEM9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I can cancel after 30 days? Do you know prices? Thanks slight_smile
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@IHTEM9 

Yes you can cancel at any time.

It's £5 per month https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/watch-airtime-plan-terms

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7