Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch cellular : Does it use the same number as your pay as you go sim

brt123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry if this has been asked before but does the apple watch share the same number as my phone?

I'm considering moving away from giffgaff due to the fact they don't have eSim's. 

Considering a pay as you go sim and then adding a Airtime plan to my AW6 cellular 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@brt123 

No, the watch has a different number as you can't have the same number on more than one device.

The number is used for data connection for calls and texts.

You also need to be aware that you can't have a cellular watch connection on PAYG with O2 so you will need a monthly contract, which is the same for an eSim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@brt123 

No, the watch has a different number as you can't have the same number on more than one device.

The number is used for data connection for calls and texts.

You also need to be aware that you can't have a cellular watch connection on PAYG with O2 so you will need a monthly contract, which is the same for an eSim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

brt123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query, I guess it answers my question that its not possible.

I know vodafone offer the onenumber option so might have to go down this route instead.

Shame most sites aren't straight forward when it comes to these type of questions unless I've missed it 

Thanks again  

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4