Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

chris19191
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My sister has a separate account on o2 to me and was thinking of getting me a watch on her account. Due my bad credit rating, they want a £265 deposit off me (even though I’ve been in contract with them for 3-4 years but it’s ok) so she’s going to get one.

Question is, if she does, can I connect it to my iPhone using my data and my sign in details, or will it need to use hers?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

Yes

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@chris19191 

For cellular it will use her account, but if you don't try to connect to cellular functions, you can use it with your phone but only over wifi / bluetooth.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

chris19191
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So if I connect to my phone using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, it’ll use my data and show my messages etc?

She already has one and it’s only giving her the option to add it to her account and not for a non-cellular one, and she already has a watch and is just a bit worried that it’ll mess hers up if that makes sense? 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@chris19191 

I doubt it will allow another connection to the same deice anyway, but yes, iy will work over wifi / BT with your phone.

However, I would imaging as O2 will setup an airtime plan regardless, so you will be charged the £5 per month for nothing.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

chris19191
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to go on, but connecting with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth will let me texts through to my number?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

Yes

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6