Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 3- WhatsApp notifications

Loulou89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My friend has an Apple Watch but not sure what series it is (probably newer one than mine as it looks different to mine)

Mine is a series 3 and she can open her WhatsApp notifications on her watch but it won’t let me do that when you tap on it. 

Just wondered if this was a feature on the new watches only? All my notification settings are on so not sure why it doesn’t work. Thanks! 

Louise
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Loulou89 

Whatsapp wasn't supported on the series 3 watch but this post from the Apple community provides a limited workaround

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251065727 

Begin by installing the WhatsApp messaging platform on your Apple iPhone.

Next go to your iPhone Settings and select Notifications then WhatsApp Messenger.

Then activate the Allow Notifications and Show in Notification Centre option.

Open the Watch app from your Apple iPhone, then open Notifications in the Watch app.

From here you can view all Apple Watch-supported apps, so scroll down until you see the WhatsApp Messenger app then activate the notification button.

You can now receive every WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch

Some WhatsApp features cannot be supported due to the Apple Watch’s space restriction and tiny screen.

This method essentially configures your Apple Watch to mirror the app's notification alerts from your iPhone.

Or you can use a 3rd party app called chatify from the iphone app store.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Loulou89 

Whatsapp wasn't supported on the series 3 watch but this post from the Apple community provides a limited workaround

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251065727 

Begin by installing the WhatsApp messaging platform on your Apple iPhone.

Next go to your iPhone Settings and select Notifications then WhatsApp Messenger.

Then activate the Allow Notifications and Show in Notification Centre option.

Open the Watch app from your Apple iPhone, then open Notifications in the Watch app.

From here you can view all Apple Watch-supported apps, so scroll down until you see the WhatsApp Messenger app then activate the notification button.

You can now receive every WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch

Some WhatsApp features cannot be supported due to the Apple Watch’s space restriction and tiny screen.

This method essentially configures your Apple Watch to mirror the app's notification alerts from your iPhone.

Or you can use a 3rd party app called chatify from the iphone app store.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2