Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch roaming

MBurns
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As of Apple Watch software version 9.1 roaming is now supported. Do o2 have plans to adopt and create an add-on for this?

apologies if this is a repost.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36439 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

From Macrumors:

According to the key note when they announced roaming would come later on in the year the only cellular carriers that would support it initially are O2, Vodaphone and Three. If I recall correctly EE wasn’t mentioned and they would be coming later on. No idea why EE who has always been the biggest supporter of all the carriers in the UK for the Apple Watch weren’t included.

Any comment from @Chris_K would be good 👍
Message 2 of 9

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi there. Roaming on the Apple Watch will be supported in the future but we don't have any set timescales to share at the moment we're afraid.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36439 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Thank you for the update, @Chris_K - great to have good insight rather than Google search or speculation from other sources - appreciated.

Message 4 of 9

Splinta87
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi when do you think roaming on apple watch cellular will be supported? Is there an update on this? thanks a lot 

Message 5 of 9

Charlieg
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes would be good to know when we can roam internationally on apple watch

Message 6 of 9

Tim_83
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I would also love to know @Chris_K . It would def be a reason to join o2 over others. 

Message 7 of 9

Tim_83
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - Is there any update on this at the mo. Thanks

Message 8 of 9

Barron
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any update from O2 on this. I spoke to your support team only to find out it still isn’t supported. Apparently because they don’t want data plans to be roaming! I would have thought this feature would save their roaming costs given that I would be able to leave my phone in the room (connected to WiFi) and just take my watch to the beach/pool/on a run when on holiday. 
I love being able to leave my phone at home when I go for a run and would love to do the same when abroad, it allows me

to still be contactable if needed but not have to carry my phone with me. 
Please O2 support this feature which has almost been out for a year and I can’t believe it needs too much change to enable!

Message 9 of 9