cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch mobile data now Disappeared. Furious.

TK2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

2C57417A-58D4-4EE6-9483-D03ABF436C16.png

B0E3DBC0-C919-406C-B566-FD4F2177592C.png

ABA4F950-2C2F-4697-8DF2-DB28DF6D1AB9.png

So after a month of trying to get my mobile data issue sorted on my expensive Ultra, they fixed the issue.

Unfortunately, this lasted one day at most before the mobile data plan disappeared from my watch completely (see screenshots). This left me literally in the middle of no-where with data and maps to navigate, so rather annoyed right now. I purchased and upgraded this with you on the strength of an independent mobile  plan that I can reliability head into the wilderness with but it has let me down again. Please message me as your online assistant robot always says you are extremely busy. I would also like my airtime for 2 months to be refunded as I have not been able to use this service as advertised. Not a happy customer. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

O2 do seem to be having problems with this at the moment

@O2KyleW are you able to help here?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

O2KyleW
Former Staff
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ill be in contact privately in a short while, thank you.

signature
Message 3 of 8

TK2
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much. 

Message 4 of 8

TK2
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

UPDATE - after running through a few diagnostics to see if the issue can be resolved, alas, this could not be solved. 

I have been promised a call from the “Esim” team within 5 working days and “hopefully” a fix will be in place. 

In the meantime, I am going to complain and request my airtime costs to be refunded as its a service we are all paying for but cannot lose. I shall also request some additional compensation for the inconvenience caused as I use my apple watch to navigate when far from home in the great indoors, and also as a safety feature to alert my other half where I am if needed. If o2 has been aware of this issue since launch, were has the personal message been to alert me that my data may not work. Annoying as o2 customer for 10 years + and a happy apple watch user since series 3.

will update with progress soon I hope…

Message 5 of 8

TK2
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

UPDATE - the watch data worked for around 30mins, but I did not believe this to be fixed, and quickly turned back to “no connection”. I missed a call from the tech team, as I was in work, and when I queried this the normal customer service agent, they advised a note was placed to give me a call back on the 18th. Never happened. I am still without data on my watch, even though I am paying for it, and its always ME that has to chase for a fix. Please advise a way forward, as do not want to leave o2, but giving me few options here. 

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Let's see if @O2Ryan can help with this @TK2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

Justin23
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apple has released Apple Watch OS 9.3 today. The update has resolved my problem with not being able to connect to my AW Airtime Plan, which magically appeared in the Mobile Data section of the Watch app after the update.

Message 8 of 8