Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan not working

GemH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Along with many others from reading recent posts I’m struggling to connect my series 8 Apple Watch to my data plan. When I got the watch last week, all seemed to be fine but once I started leaving my phone at home I noticed the data plan wasn’t kicking in. I’ve tried lots of things to try and fix it but with no success. I’ve also removed the plan with the aim of adding it again and now every time I try to add the mobile plan it wants me add a new data plan and won’t recognise my existing plan. Has anyone successfully resolved any similar issues? Any help is much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

cheekyape
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got the same issue here, although I've called up O2 support, so hopefully don't need to be added to the list of users to investigate.

Message 31 of 70

Kat96
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma 

I am having the same issue. Can you look into this for me? 

Message 32 of 70

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12158 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Emma is not due to work until this afternoon, so I will mention the community advisors who are on this morning @Kat96 

Can you see if you can help @O2Georgina @O2Sarah ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 70

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Kat96  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 34 of 70

BeloBe
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve got the exact same issue. 
I was in contact with @O2Emma who helped me to sort out the initial issues. It worked for a week or so and now I’ve got ‘not in use’ under the o2 plan and the watch wouldn’t connect to the internet. I’m getting really annoyed as it’s taking up so much time to get sorted and I even have the pleasure of having to pay monthly for something that doesn’t even work.

Message 35 of 70

OfficePenguin
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma @O2Georgina 

Hi!  Exact same problem here, customer services on the phone are unable to understand the problem at all and don’t know how to reset the esim.  Could you PM me too please slight_smile

Message 36 of 70

OfficePenguin
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2KyleW tagging too as not sure who is in today 🙂

Message 37 of 70

O2Georgina
Former Staff
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@OfficePenguin  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 38 of 70

AntEd
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you help me please. I’ve got an 8 and having the same issue. No sun no connection 

Message 39 of 70

Adders89
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am also having the same issue… the o2 plan no longer shows on the watch app on my phone, it just wants me to set up a new plan even tho I am already paying for one. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said try an esim and sent one to try and connect that but nothing is working. I have called again and been told they have connected the esim to my watch but still nothing. Anyone able to help at all. 

Message 40 of 70