Did you mean: 

Apple Watch - Unable to complete Mobile Service Setup

PotatoSkywalker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I was trying to enable mobile data on my Apple Watch, but I got this message "Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 27". 

Could you please let me know what I can do? 

Thanks, 

Linda 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@PotatoSkywalker 

You need to ring customer services on 202 as that error usually in the Apple World indicates a deivce error. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@PotatoSkywalker 

So many issues with O2 and Apple watches.

If you search the forum you may find something useful but you'll need a lot of luck, for sure.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Shelia
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been having the same issue since I upgraded my phone in November, even upgraded the watch from a series 6 to a series 9 thinking it will fix the issue but still no luck. Called customer service and been to the store. No one can seem to fix the problem 

Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Shelia @PotatoSkywalker 

Check guide Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Watchthis
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I bought my series 9 watch from Apple online and received it last week Tuesday.

When setting up the mobile plan for my watch via the Watch app on my iphone I selected the £7 monthly plan. For days afterwards the status next to "Mobile Service" in the watch app on the phone was "Activation" and the rotating "working" animation. On Saturday I stopped waiting and called O2 support on 202. 1st call dropped 25minutes in when the agent was busy creating a case. the agent on the 2nd call couldn't figure out what was wrong so they escalated a case and told me to unpair, repair and try again. I did that and received this message:

We're setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we'll text you when it's all done. If you don't receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.

32hrs later I had not received a text so I have just called O2 again. 40mins queuing and then 25mins talking to an agent. They could not resolve the matter, they raised a case and told me it will take up to 5 business days to get a response.

For the love of all things good in the world can anyone help? I've spent more than 3hrs trying to setup a plan for a watch!!

Thanks 😊

Keith 

Message 6 of 17

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Watchthis 

There have been many issues reported with O2 and Apple watches. A search of this forum might reveal something of use as a few users have reported solving their particular problem. You can also look at :-

Activate Apple Watch Guide 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Message 7 of 17

Watchthis
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Oxonian!

I searched the forum for quite a while before posting. I’ll continue to search the forum and would also greatly appreciate ideas from anyone with any.

thanks again.

Message 8 of 17

Dillie
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been having the same problem since Boxing Day.   Keep getting a code 08 message.  I have been in the  O2 shop, and they can't help. I've spent many hours on the chat being passed from pillar to post with no real answers.  I have called 202, same result as the chat line.   The latest thing is that the issue has been escalated to the back team and they should be back to me within 3-7 working days.  I contacted Apple, and my new i-watch is fine.  Apple helped me clear and reset the watch, but it made no difference.   I have paired and unpaired the watch and switched the phone and the watch on and off loads of times.  I am very frustrated and angry.  No one in 02 has an answer to this and it really isn't good enough.   Sometimes called 202 hung on for half an hour and the line goes dead.   Each time you go on the chat or 202 each person you talk to you need to explain all over again, even if they say they will pass the message on.   I have been a customer of 02 for years.   Counts for nothing.  If it does get resolved I will update. 

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Dillie 

As posted twice above already Activate Apple Watch Guide 

It's all we know on here.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17