Did you mean: 

Apple Watch SE

Chantelle11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello,
I have recently brought at Apple Watch SE for my daughter it’s Cellular model, I’ve set up and now wish to add the airtime plan when I’ve tried to add its greyed out and says ‘your o2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact o2 for more information’ so that’s what I have done, I’ve spoken to every department I think and was told at one point to cancel the sim only contract I just purchased and get a new one so then it will work. I went to o2 shop they said no they would of sold me the same pack have I’d brought. No one seems to know what’s going on, I’ve also noticed it’s showing in the iPhone settings that’s WiFi calling is not enabled so when I try to enable it says ‘to allow WiFi calling on this account contact o2’ on my o2 I have it enabled so they don’t understand either why that’s saying to contact them. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get this working I’m going out of my mind! I’ve updated the watch and the phone and all running on the latest versions I’ve reset it all to pair again and still says the same issue with the mobile data.
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chantelle11 

You need to call customer services to enable wifi calling on the account first.

It matters not what your MyO2 says if it's not enabled account side.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chantelle11 

You need to call customer services to enable wifi calling on the account first.

It matters not what your MyO2 says if it's not enabled account side.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

Chantelle11
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply, customer services said they can see it’s enabled. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chantelle11 

Unless they have just done it, I don't believe it.

It's the only reason why you cannot enable it on your phone and the reason why you can't setup the watch.

If they have just done it, you need to wait 24 hours then reboot the phone and try to enable it again on the phone yourself.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Chantelle11
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, I will wait and see if there is any update on this tomorrow.
Message 5 of 16

Chantelle11
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I waited over 24 hours, I also received a text saying WiFi calling has been activated, still says the same thing when I try to enable it. 🤦🏻‍♀️
I have to wait for the tech’s to call me now and hope they can solve the problem before I just cancel the contract and try another provider.
Message 6 of 16

Chantelle11
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is this not working as the iPhone I’m using was from sky, but now has an o2 chip? So I don’t have o2 firmware? Although, I put the o2 sim in my o2 phone and had the same issue?!
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chantelle11 

Settings > General > About and check you have the O2 carrier profile installed.

If not you will need to connect the phone to iTunes on your PC to update it.

Have you also confirmed that you have the iData bolt on active on your account?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Chantelle11
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Have tried to update carrier settings can’t find where exactly to do it on iTunes but when I press check for update it says ‘The iPhone software update server could not be contacted’ Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later’ 🤦🏻‍♀️

O2 are useless it’s been a week and no one knows what it is and how to fix it they are saying it’s the phone and Apple are saying it’s o2 🤷🏻‍♀️

I asked about the i data bolt on no one knew what I meant and just said I can’t set up the airtime plan until I’ve sorted the WiFi/4g calling issue. 😫

I don’t know it to just leave o2 and try another provider, as it’s been a week and still no one knows.
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chantelle11 

First off, the carrier profile is checked when you just connect to iTunes.

If an update is required, it will use your PC's wifi connection to download and install any updates.

iData is vital to wifi calling so both are neeed to connect the watch.

Is training really that bad at O2 these days that customer service don't know what iData is ????

Call again or maybe @O2Emma can sort it for you?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16