Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Error 106

djaychela
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I've moved over from Tesco to O2, about a week ago.

Today my new iPhone 15 Pro and Apple Ultra Watch 2 (the reason I swapped to O2) have arrived, and I've got the phone set up, and when trying to get the Mobile Service set up on the Watch (via the Watch app on the iphone), I'm getting error 106.

I've read that calling customer services on 202 is a huge waste of time, does anyone have any up-to-date help or advice?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36015 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Take your phone, watch, and photo id to an O2 Store, @djaychela - or persist with 202, but try to get through shortly after 8am UK time.

O2 Social Media details in the link below, but not heard of them fixing the problem once the error codes appear...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I'll be off to the local O2 store this morning, see how I get on!

Message 3 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, so I went to the local shop (Poole), who told me they couldn't do anything there, that any third party (i.e. bought directly from Apple!) watch would not work without intervention, and the app 'never works' to connect the phone.

So I phone, get through to technical, who first tells me I need a separate contract and number for it (I don't), then says I need to do it in the app (I've tried that, it doesn't work), tells me again I need to do it in the app, and that "smart watches have their own app, like the galaxy watch has its app"... and eventually goes off-call and then comes back and says that it's something that only sales can deal with.

So, I get through to sales.... who has been told NOTHING, so I have to go through the whole thing again... eventually she goes to speak to a manager and says it's a different department, so will connect me... and then hangs up.

20 minutes wasted.  Currently on the phone again trying to get this sorted out.  Can't believe how inefficient this is; surely the CRM system should be able to look up error 106 and send you to the right place without customer tennis?

Message 4 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, second call was much better.  Very helpful, took notes, couldn't find a fix, but has escalated it so I'll be called by "the back office staff".  Within 72 hours.  Apparently.  Will post back when something else happens.

Message 5 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

10 days later, nothing back from support.  Now on the phone to 202 again, and once more the worker has no idea about this. Error 106 may as well not exist as far as they are concerned.  I've been told that:

• This will only work if i buy a phone and watch from o2
  • That i need a separate contract for the watch (so it won't be paired, and on a different number)
  • That this is not supported on a SIM only contract
  • That its not possible to do what I want (and what is clearly stated as possible on the O2 site)

I've seen other people say they are leaving for three, but their support forum shows similar tales of poor support and connection issues.

I've not seen anyone post back here that the issue is sorted.

Message 6 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Right, another 25 minutes later... the guy has actually persevered and realised what the issue is.  Reset the watch and re-paired it.  Made no difference.

Attempting to connect the mobile service doesn't work, whether you have WiFi connected or not - there is a small difference in that while the watch is setting up and WiFi is off, then the phone app takes a while before the O2 server connection is lost.... whereas with WiFi on I get to the 'oops something's gone wrong, call 202' screen much more quickly.

This has been re-escalated to the next level, who are apparently going to call back within 72 hours.

I've heard that before.  This is dismal - I've spent a small fortune on watch and phone (for health reasons, ironically), and it doesn't work as it should. 

Message 7 of 35

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@djaychela 

This might prove to be a huge waste of your time, but have you considered visiting an Apple retail store ?

I just wonder if their staff might have encountered this issue and might know the "fix" ? 

Message 8 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks,I will contact apple as o2 appear to be completely useless. I suspect that the account isn't set up correctly (there are other clues), and that apple won't be able to fix it though,as its a carrier issue.

Message 9 of 35

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@djaychela 

Good luck and please let us know the outcome. 

Message 10 of 35