Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 284
283 REPLIES 283

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36138 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@12344 wrote:

As an update to others on here with the same issue. I have now been told that I have to wait 5 days since my problem was escalated before the escalation team will do anything. I am not holding my breath. O2 obviously have a major known about issue here with so many people experiencing problems and they won’t acknowledge that or do anything about

Or a mobike supplier's OTA bug fix has broken a few other things unintentionally - is the wait because Apple are in the loop, @12344?

Message 251 of 284

Littlepink83
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue, it's been sat as 'activating' since last Thursday. I spoke to someone on Saturday and they said it would take up to 5 days for someone to contact me. 

Message 252 of 284

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36138 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Littlepink83 wrote:

I have the same issue, it's been sat as 'activating' since last Thursday. I spoke to someone on Saturday and they said it would take up to 5 days for someone to contact me. 

@O2Georgina is there anything you can do to help @Littlepink83? 🙏

Message 253 of 284

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Littlepink83 

@Littlepink83  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 254 of 284

RobLee
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Georgina same issue on my account for new Apple Watch.  Could you see if there is an issue ?

Message 255 of 284

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@RobLee  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 256 of 284

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Georgina @RobLee @Littlepink83 have you managed to sort your issue yet? 

Message 257 of 284

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@JMF2  I will send you a private message

signature
Message 258 of 284

SkyJawa
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still waiting for a response to the incident raised. Spoke to CS today and said day 5 is tomorrow so should hear something then, not massively hopeful, it’s been 2 weeks since I tried to activate it! My 14 day cooling off period is up tomorrow, but the advisor said he would make a note and I would still be able to cancel after that if not resolved as there had been an escalation.

crazy how many are experiencing this!

Message 259 of 284

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Let's see if @O2Georgina can shed any light on what's going on with your watch @SkyJawa 

Can you see if you can get this one working please Georgina?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 260 of 284