monkeyspunky
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All,

First post here out of desperation!!

Short story;

I had an Apple Watch Series 5 working perfectly with o2 cellular activated. I have just upgraded to a Series 8.

I have unpaired the Series 5, removed the data plan and setup the new watch. When setting up I was asked if I would like to replace or add, to which I selected replace.

I now have data activated, received the texts from o2 to confirm, but the watch itself is not working with Data. I can make a call when on cellular and signal is showing. 

On the watch o2 is ticked under the plan but under status it says 'no connection'.

When setting up I did receive an error on the o2 webpage which gave me an error code reference 14 but I fixed this by unpairing and starting the whole process again.

From reading others have problems I contacted o2 three times (who were beyond useless) and on the last call they transferred me to Apple without telling me they would. Apple confirmed everything ok with setup and their end. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

monkeyspunky
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So I’m happy to say that now everything is working for me. @O2Lisa did an eSim reset on my account and was the last thing that got it working! Finally can go semi disconnected from the world and be phoneless!!!! Thanks for the fix @O2Lisa and everyone for their help. 

for others, I’d do everything I did above to try especially if getting an error code 14 and then have someone help reset the eSim on your account. Good luck and thanks again

Message 11 of 19

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Glad it’s all sorted for you @monkeyspunky 😊

Have a lovely day. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 19

deejaygav
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, 

I also have a similar problem to this, could you also DM me to assist? 

I also changed my Apple Watch from a S6 to a S7 and did the replace when setting up the S7. When I am away from my iPhone and outside my watch connects to the mobile network (green antenna symbol) but doesn't have internet/data/Siri etc.. Weirdly, if I restart the watch it will initially connect with a green 4G symbol with working internet/data but after 2 minutes the symbol will change to the green antenna and data/internet will no longer work. 

Your help will be greatly appreciated 

Message 13 of 19

DarrylM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa , I have a similar problem, are you able to help please?

Message 14 of 19

K9laura
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa I’m having the same issue if you could help at all 

Message 15 of 19

wind123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa @O2Emma O2Georgina I am having the same issue for my apple watch under my account. I cannot get on the internet with cellular on my watch. Can you help? Thanks.

Message 16 of 19

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@wind123 wrote:

@O2Lisa @O2Emma O2Georgina I am having the same issue for my apple watch under my account. I cannot get on the internet with cellular on my watch. Can you help? Thanks.

The O2 Advisor on this morning is @O2Sarah- - good luck, @wind123 and @K9laura (two for one here 😉)

Good luck!

Message 17 of 19

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 😊

@wind123  and @K9laura  I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 18 of 19

K9laura
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I’m still having this issue not had a response from Sarah 

Message 19 of 19