Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G coverage

JB16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just upgraded to the iPhone 12 only to see I have no service and couldn’t understand why, upon investigating it turns out there is no 5G coverage in my area?! What do I do?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JB16 

Try your old sim in the new phone.

It should work fine as your contract is added to your current sim.

If you want to use the new sim you received with your new phone, you need to do a sim swap, starting from your old sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JB16 Not all areas have been upgraded to the 5G service yet. It's an ongoing process that will take some time. In the meanwhile, your 5G sim is backward compatible so you can use the 4G service. If you find yourself in a 5G area, your phone will pick up that signal.

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Why do I have poor coverage indoors? (o2.co.uk)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Pipstop78
Level 9: Fired up
  • 526 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My phone is 5g as your is and mine either goes to 4g or 4g+ but then when I'm else where it picks up the 5g it's brilliant 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JB16 

Try your old sim in the new phone.

It should work fine as your contract is added to your current sim.

If you want to use the new sim you received with your new phone, you need to do a sim swap, starting from your old sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4