cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g wifi calling not working on iPhone 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, I'm supposed to be able to make phone calls over 4g however when I try my phone switches straight back to 3g. Another thing I've noticed is wifi call doesn't work either. I've seen wifi call on the top left of the screen a couple of times tonight but it just goes back to 4g after a couple of minutes.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Many thanks
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Wifi calling only works if the wifi network you are connected to is capable of routing the call and 4g calling only works if you are in a network enabled area, which are limited at the moment.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Wifi calling only works if the wifi network you are connected to is capable of routing the call and 4g calling only works if you are in a network enabled area, which are limited at the moment.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh okay. That explains the 4g issue. Many thanks.
Message 3 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Welcome to the community @Anonymous! Please do let us know if you have any more questions wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

duchy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi  - I have an iPhone 8 and wifi calling has been working on it fine until today. I do not have mobile signal in my house so I use wifi calling all of the time. My wifi signal is strong and wifi calling is enabled but it displays 'no service' in the phone's UI.

I have reset the broadband router twice and phone twice to no avail.

I'm not sure if this is a 'network' issue or an issue with my router or iPhone but nothing has changed as far as I am aware . I'm running ios 12.0.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There was a glitch network side a couple of weeks ago and it looks like it might have happened again as I've lost mine too.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

duchy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes came back on around 10.00 so must have been network related - thanks.

Message 7 of 7