Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G & WIFI Calling - iphone 6S iOS 12.x

gjlane
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

SIM has been active only 24 hours, in case that matters...

Moved from EE to O2 on pay monthly SIM only. Pleased it activated automatically with Visual Voicemail already switched on however I don't seem to be able to switch mobile data 4G from 'data' to 'voice and data' in iphone settings (it says I need to check via web / or My O2 to add it to account, which on looking only shows a video of how to switch it on, on the phone (I know this!!) nothing there about adding it.

So, how do I add or enable 4G to my account, and also same for WIFI Calling, which I need as signal in the house not always strong. How can I do it without trying to call them during call centre inactivity due to lockdown, which I tried and got nowehere...

My APN is already set to idata.O2 (saw suggestion to check this on another post).

I'm within my cancellation window if O2 SIM only deals are not 4G, I assumed they all would be. Thanks for any pointers.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gjlane 

You need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gjlane 

You need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

gjlane
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the quick response and for the information. Managed to get through on call centre and they say it will be activated and on within 24 hours....

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4