Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s & 5c/iO7 Guides and information

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As you all begin to get to grips with the new iPhone 5s and 5c, you may encounter some issues or questions, so below are some guides that we have seen so far with helpful info which I will be adding to as we go along. These guides have been written by other members and if you feel like having a go at writing one, by all means go ahead!

If you have any tips and advice that you want to share here, as well as any great FAQ/guide suggestions, make a post below.

Guides, News and Content

iPhone 5S/C review discussion - by bandofbrothers

iOS7 settings Battery life video guide - by Fatboy

Overall battery saving video guide - by Fatboy

iOS Control Centre video guide - by Fatboy

Quick Launch on iOS7 video guide - by Fatboy

iWorks apps free on some devices - by Leebroath

Carrier Update guide - by Fatboy

iOS7 left/right swiping video guide - by Fatboy

iOS7 New Safari features video guide - by Fatboy

iOS7.0.3 released - by bandofbrothers

iOS7 messages app updates - by Fatboy

How to turn off the Parralax effect video guide - by Fatboy

Adding wallpapers onto your iPhone - by Fatboy

Touch ID video guide and tips - by Fatboy

Got any more tips? Make a post below

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
See this thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Updated-to-ios-7-0-2-now-no-3g/td-p/55401...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU!

It's now fixed. So much more helpful then the people on the phone and they get paid

Message 32 of 47

MI5
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

THANK YOU!

It's now fixed. So much more helpful then the people on the phone and they get paid

Feel free to pay me too if you like slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

haha I would if I could

Message 34 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my iPhone 5s today and was wondering whether it needs to be charged for 24 hours (or at all) before being switched on and used?

Thanks slight_smile

Message 35 of 47

MI5
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Just use it and charge when needed....

Currently using:
Message 36 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have exactly the same issue with a iphone 5s. No internet connection on 3G or 4G since swap sim card to the new iphone a week ago. I got a message saying "no cellular data, you are not subscribed to the cellular network" Rang O2 Network team and they are changing my bolts on for the third time now. But today went to Apple store as well as my iphone 5s froze for the second time on top of all network issue. At the moment apart from showing apple icon on the white screen doesnt work at all. Well, Apple store says underlying software issue with the iphone, please return it where you bought if from (not from Apple either O2). Stupiditly I ugrade my contract over the phone with carphone warehouse! Now I should ti return it. O2 till midnight tonight trying to connect me to the network. Good luck to them :o). I wish I never bought it this box of steel!

Message 37 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a tip for people using iOS 7 on either their iPhone's or iPad's.

If you are in an app, game and keep accidentally bringing up the Control Centre.

It is possible to disable the Control Centre so that it will only appear on the Home Screen and nowhere else.

Here's the instructions:

1: Go into Settings:

IMG_0136-6.png

2: Once your in Control Centre, turn off the "ACCESS WITHIN APPS" setting.

IMG_0137-7-3.png

3: This will now stop the Control Centre appearing if you swipe up from the bottom of the screen, for example in a game or any other app. The Control Centre will now only appear when you are on the Home Screen and swipe up from the bottom of the screen.

Message 38 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this video I show the best way to scan your finger/thumb print/s for the best results when using Touch ID and I also show how to rename and delete stored prints too.

Message 39 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chiara or Toby.

Could you add my latest video guide to the collection that is on the first post on the first page of this thread please slight_smile

Message 40 of 47