cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADE?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I know this might sound stupid but i have never upgraded my phone before and I'm on a 12 month contract and it says I'm due for an early 1 month upgrade on August 21st. What does that mean and how does it benefit me I have no idea lol like what can I do
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok I know this might sound stupid but i have never upgraded my phone before and I'm on a 12 month contract and it says I'm due for an early 1 month upgrade on August 21st. What does that mean and how does it benefit me I have no idea lol like what can I do

Just another option, but you could always move onto a 30 day simplicity tariff when your current contract is up, and remain on this until such time when there was a phone that you wanted to get on another 12 or 18 month contract.

The 30 day Simplicity tariff will probably be cheaper than you current contract, has a Simplicity tariff is basically a call, text package and a data bolt on if so required, i.e, you are not getting a phone supplied.

Has the name says, you would be on a rolling 30 day contract with the Simplicity tariff, so it will be easy to sign up for a longer 12 or 18 month tariff when you want to do so.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could keep your questions about the same thing to the same topic for starters Smiley Mad

It means you can get an upgrade one month before your contract runs out, which means you can upgrade on August 21st. On this date you can check out what the upgrade "deals" are and choose a new phone.

However, because you have lost your phone, you need to contact O2 and buy out the remaining 2 months of your contract so you upgrade just now, if you want a new phone just now.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or could I just wait till September till my contract ends instead of buying out the 2 months
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you could, but that will mean going without a phone unless you have an old one, borrow someone's old one or buy another phone to keep you going until then.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just another option, but you could always move onto a 30 day simplicity tariff when your current contract is up, and remain on this until such time when there was a phone that you wanted to get on another 12 or 18 month contract.

The 30 day Simplicity tariff will probably be cheaper than you current contract, has a Simplicity tariff is basically a call, text package and a data bolt on if so required, i.e, you are not getting a phone supplied.

Has the name says, you would be on a rolling 30 day contract with the Simplicity tariff, so it will be easy to sign up for a longer 12 or 18 month tariff when you want to do so.

Message 5 of 5