Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Information Iphone 5 Unlock Issue summary

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 All O2 direct Stock Is locked to o2 (At time of writing) and all original stock supplied to o2 customers from launch via o2 sales channels with delivery via cpw. (those that had to take cpw insurance / return to cpw) again locked to o2.

2 All Full Price sim free from Apple are true Sim free and will not lock to carriers ever.

3 All CPW (and at a guess other indepentants) Are sold sim free price but have within their own T&C will lock to first valid uk carriers sim (so they have not bought sim free stock from apple)

O2 Do not at present unlock iphone 5 and when they do this page will change. http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Ignore any comments on live chat that it is Apple blocking the process or a new tool is being written it is a commercial decision at o2 top level. Only when they change the policy will o2 unlock the handset.

If bought from CPW or other independants as sim free see what local trading standards can do to bring CPW etc to task this is not an o2 issue.(but dodgy practice and wording in t&c by the independants)

If bought from o2 and you are unhappy you are still unable to unlock then raise a complaint to o2 using the usual procedures (avoiding live chat at all times)

Hope that clears up the issue so many threads going around in circles.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive contacted the Mods to see if they can 'sticky' this thread.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You could put it in bold red font at the top of the forum but won't stop the posts or moans. Only fix is for o2 to stop being silly with the unlocking rules.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You could put it in bold red font at the top of the forum but won't stop the posts or moans. Only fix is for o2 to stop being silly with the unlocking rules.....

Probably so but at least we could direct the OP to read that instead of typing out the same old answer !

Message 4 of 9

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks very much for this Adam.

I have added this to the iOS FAQs for now.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should this not be updated as they now unlock the iphone 5.

Message 6 of 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Didnt even know this thread existed.

Nice to see someone using the search function grin
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

O2 Do not at present unlock iphone 5 and when they do this page will change. http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

I do not think it needed updating as I clearly said to check the unlock page for updates

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 9