cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z1 compact screen cracked by itself

Anonymous
Not applicable
its a crack right across screen level with charger port. My phone is around 4 months old, should this crack still be fixed free or am i looking at £130 repair bill for a new screen. it sits with a protective cover and IN a padded case, phone has nevet been dropped or leaned on but now my screen cant unlock as its pattern locked and its not working.
Message 1 of 41
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
unfortunatley no because my only camera is on the phone. it is literally an almost perfect straight line from charger port to other side of screen

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Have you got a picture?
Picture will help with direct answer.
Message 2 of 41

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Also, connecting the provided usb otg cable and plugging in a mouse will allow you access if the screen is unresponsive.
Message 3 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
unfortunatley no because my only camera is on the phone. it is literally an almost perfect straight line from charger port to other side of screen
Message 4 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
that does not help with calls and stuff. i will wait on my husband coming home after xmas and try to get into o2 store. as local repair centres want £130-£160
Message 5 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Was the phone obtained through O2 ?

You could approach the manufacturers uk support page http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/ (recommended), or you could ask O2 repairs ,and its then up to their take on the damage.

You could also check any household contents insurance or some bank accounts provide cover. Check T&C and excess fees.
Message 6 of 41

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Basically, if the cracks is a single line with ZERO impact shatter, then you need to get it to Sony, forget doing it via O2 as they will send to Anova and they wont replace it or fix it. You might find it was the charging port overheating that caused the weak point to shatter but only Sony service centre will look into this.
If the crack has impact shatter points, I doubt Sony will fix free.

Message 7 of 41

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
A single line is good proof that no external force did the damage.
Message 8 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
my neighbour just took a photo for me i'll get a link in a few minutes for you guys. Would sony fix it?
Message 9 of 41

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Possibly, yes
Message 10 of 41