cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vcard content not supported, any fix for this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Somebody sent me a vcard today by text but I couldn't see it, text said "content not supported". Is there a fix for this does anybody know? I'm sure I'd received vcards with no problem pre 5.1.1 update!?

S6 Edge by the way.

T.I.A.

Ron

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Did it come from an iPhone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, from another android device.

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'm not aware of any changes in that area, tbh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's odd, are there any settings on my phone that could have been changed inadvertently?

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It might be related to your MMS message settings.
I found this which may be relevant:
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/106888/what-vcard-formats-versions-and-encodings-are-supp...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

All a bit over my head I'm afraid wink

Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Have a look at the text input mode in message settings and see if it is set to auto.
Otherwise it just seems to be a different version of vcard that generated the code which isn't compatible with the version in Lollipop.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm it was set to GSM alphabet so I've set it to automatic, I'll have my friend send it again tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks.

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Worth a shot - good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17