Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring pictures & videos from phone to computer

sara26
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Usually when I take pics or videos & transfer to my laptop -when I attach my phone which is an Android (K4 2017) -I THINK ANYWAY THAS WHAT IT SAYS ON THE BOX) a picture of the phone comes up so that you can click on it & go to either int storage or SD card & go inti DCIM to transfer pics/videos to another folder on your PC

But for some reason its being very disobedient & refusing to show this info. I took a picture of the place where it should say the name of the phone (& its absence) & a picture saying it couldnt import (god knows why). Just to clarify what I meant I plugged in my Android phone which I have with EE & took a picture of that ( to demonstrate where the description of the phone should be -its the same phone but different network)

Now whats happened the picture of the phone appeared in the usual place -I took a photo of it but no sign of the folders that should include DCIM & absence of the words Internal storage 

First question - why is this 

second question where can I upload these  pics to demonstrate what I mean

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try rebooting both the phone and laptop first.
Try a different cable.
Make sure phone is unlocked and on homepage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try rebooting both the phone and laptop first.
Try a different cable.
Make sure phone is unlocked and on homepage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Pull down the notification bar from the top of the phone screen too. Sometimes there will be a message asking if you want to connect a mass storage device.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Welcome to our community @sara26 . slight_smile How are you getting on with the transferring today? Any progress since you last posted?

Message 4 of 4