cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texts not working but calls and data is fine?

happyjoe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi ive just got this issue today.ive been trying to get my texts working again but not having any luck.calls work as do the data but i cant send nor recieve texts.ive looked thru the community boards and checked the text number to make this work is correct,also tried switching my phone off and taking the sim out giving it a wipe but never helped.tried to swap providers to vodafone and switch back again but still nothing.tried to phone up 02 about this but after 5 mins of being on the phone i was left with the option of if i had either lost or had my phone stolen to press 1 or hang up.i would try a new sim but they ask for confirmation via a text for a code to put in but my texts dont work so im out of luck there.they used to have a guru online you could speak to but thats gone too so this is my last hope.hoping someone has an idea or 2 i havnt tried.my phone is an sony xa1 ultra if that helps.joe

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@O2Emmaare you able to hellp here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Evening @Cleoriff  I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @happyjoe please can you try and send a txt to your own number and see if you get any error message at all thanks.

signature
Message 5 of 9

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

No problem @Cleoriff .

signature
Message 6 of 9

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@happyjoe sorry I finish at 21.00hrs and not back on until Monday at 15.00hrs

If you are still having issues with txt please try sim in another phone if possible so we can identify what is causing the issue.

Thanks o2Emma

signature
Message 7 of 9

happyjoe
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi sorry about that i fell asleep.i dont even get an error message it just gives the spinny circle and has been doing that for the past 20 mins.it only stops if i delete the message ive been trying to send but yeah i cant even send myself a text.i even tried to go grab another phone via the upgrade part on my 02 but it needs a text confirmation lol.it could be the phone 2 months ago i put a new charger port in it as well as a battery cos the charger port went on it and thats been brilliant but maybe something else is gone on it but i just dont understand why i can phone someone i can use the data online but the texting side of it has given up the ghost?.i cant try another phone right now but i might be able to at some point tomoz.ill leave a message if i can try it on here to say if it worked or not.joe

Message 8 of 9

happyjoe
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok it is the phone.my sim is working fine in another phone and i also downloaded another text message app and was still doing the same so rules out maybe something corrupted with the text app i think...i might backup and factory reset the phone as a last try but i think ive tried everything else.if i do get it going at least i can get my texts going again so i can at least go get a new phone slight_smile it wont be a sony tho.thanks.joe

Message 9 of 9