cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony xperia e4g sms

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sometimes use software on my PC to connect to my phone to send a sms to a friend and these are over 160 characters long. I know that they are received NOT split but they are store on phone as split, any way around this. I upgraded from a HTC Sensation XE and it did NOT do this.

It sometimes makes it hard to read on my phone, especially when it is a word that is split.

I used the following text to send to my wifes phone, it WAS received as one but it was stored as split on my phone, the sender.

When sending long SMS messages the recipient sometimes receives the message jumbled/garbled/mixed up with another old text that has been sent to them weeks or months ago.

So it usually has the first half of the message I send them as the correct text, and then the second half is "pasted in randomly" from an old message.

Hope that makes sense. Bizarre bug and I've heard from other people that it still happens to them even after deleting all their messages. I'm just testing this myself now...

I have a Nexus One running a stock version of Android 2.3.4. It happens on both the stock messaging app and handcent, so it's not an app specific issue.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
The issue of garbled/mixed text messages is a bug in the SMS system and has been reported before. It happens randomly and usually fixes itself without any user intervention.
The split SMS issue is most likely influenced by the software you are using on your PC to send the messages more than an issue with the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that. I have tried a large, over 160 characters, just by using the phone and it did not split it.

FYI the software I have tried is:

moborobo

mobiledit

And they have both split the text on my phone. I have just contacted the develepors of mobiledi and I wait for their reply.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
The vast majority of phones these days will link long texts up to a maximum of 480 characters.
I've never used pc software for that purpose but it's the likely cause of split texts.
There may be an option in the settings somewhere.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have looked, I even swore at the damned wink thing, oh well I just hope they get back to me with a solution and I will report back.

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6971 Solutions

Yes do let us know. I use Mighty text on my PC and tablet, linked to my phone. The texts aren't split when they appear on the phone.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thatnks for that but it would not work, and yes I did follow the instruction, I even opened a new google+ account, not my favourite company. When I tried to send a text from my PC it kept coming up with a :

C2DM/GCM error within my browser.

Oh well time to un-install that app

Message 7 of 7