cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card supposed to be activated

Anonymous
Not applicable

recently My samsung galaxy ace displayed emergency calls only   being away from home thought  there was no coverage on return same problem used the 'Guru' to get it sorted  who indicateda new sim was required  This would arrive promptly and be already activated so I would not need to seek help....  4 days later new sim phone still does not work   Contact O2 Guru  your sim is not activated    you need to go to O2 shop with Photo id  what a Rubbish service   the nearest shop is 3miles away   .That is if the sim is the problem  why cant the Guru do the job properly instead of sending ribbish information  Wont be stopping when contract ends thats for sure!  Pay my bills and get no service

cant preview as there isa problem!!!

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

and if I dont have another phone ghow on earth can I do that....

By going in store to try it - Sometimes you gotta help yourself, not everything can be done for you I'm afraid.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The phone could be faulty, you can't be sure unless you try your sim cards in another phone.
SIM cards sent in the post usually require activation by the customer in case they get lost in the post.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats not what the guru said!!!   and the web page says  pay monthly sims arrive already activated!!!  so the GURU appeared to be correct

has something changed???

Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

We had a similar issue already

Like MI5 said, the sim needs to be activated

Takes up to 24 hours but usually ready to use after few hours

Message 5 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

the web page says  pay monthly sims arrive already activated!

Link please?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 21

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

You have a new sim and it is still not working so it could be an issue with the phone, but the only way that this can be confirmed is if you take it to the store to be checked.

The chat with O2 Guru obviously has not been helpful to you in this instance as the Guru is simply trying to clutch at straws to work out what the problem is, however it would be a lot easier if it could be seen be an O2 staff member rather than described.

I know it is frustrating and not what you want to hear but going to the store is your best option at the moment. 

Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

By going in store to try it - Sometimes you gotta help yourself, not everything can be done for you I'm afraid.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I clicked on support   and selected sim card    item 2 activate sim card click and there is the info re pay and go  and for pay monthly 2your card will arrive activated!"

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Says on o2 website, to activate your sim, contact CS or fill in an online form

Message 10 of 21