cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s4 mini- problems with 2g 3g connectivity

Anonymous
Not applicable

I mostly use wifi on my phone but when I do use the inclusive internet allowance it depends where I am  as to if it works, at home which is in the countryside it works but if I go to the nearest town it doesn't work. I have full signal but nothing online will load. Can I fix this? It's very annoying. I can try to update fb and it won't update but occasionally my emails will come through.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 Are upgrading. They have many areas that are suffering from congestion. The issue isn't signal, it's transmission.

Basically your phone talks to the mast. Your call, texts or data are then sent via fibre backhaul networks and it is these that are struggling. Why? A massive surge in demand. Hence why o2 are upgrading 2g 3g and installing 4g across at least 98% of the population between now and 2017.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Use this to check your masts via your full postcode http://status.o2.co.uk/

If you're on fringe coverage then turning of off 3G in the settings to go to 2g can help.

Unfortunately things such as mast congestion cannot be remedied by the user.

Helpful tips here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
It's an overloaded mast - Same in the town nearest me and has been for almost a year - O2 say there's nothing wrong - many others saying the same on here too in different areas 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 Are upgrading. They have many areas that are suffering from congestion. The issue isn't signal, it's transmission.

Basically your phone talks to the mast. Your call, texts or data are then sent via fibre backhaul networks and it is these that are struggling. Why? A massive surge in demand. Hence why o2 are upgrading 2g 3g and installing 4g across at least 98% of the population between now and 2017.
Message 4 of 4