cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s6 no sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently brought a new s6 on 02 and i was using an s4 on ee, when i left ee they gave me my pac code and when i ordered my s6 i requested my number be transfered. Since i've had my s6 its been saying no sim and now my s4 isnt working and hasnt been for about 2-3 hours so im guessing its been transfered but my s6 is still saying no sim. is the sim damaged or is it trying to transfer still?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
No SIM card implies that either the SIM is not inserted properly or is fauly, once you have followed @MI5 advice if it still says the same get O2 to swap the SIM card over for you in-store, and check it while your there.

If it still displays after that then you may have a faulty handset, and assuming you just purchased you will be able to get a refund / replacement. Do no accept a repair from O2 if your handset is under 14 days old (or 30 under the new regulations beginning yesterday)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Check that the sim is inserted correctly but it will take a while for the new sim to become active after the old one has switched off. Just keep restarting the new phone until it comes online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

should it say "no sim card though"? is there any way i can test if its even recognising it has a sim card?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No it shouldn't say that which is why I suggested you check it's inserted properly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
No SIM card implies that either the SIM is not inserted properly or is fauly, once you have followed @MI5 advice if it still says the same get O2 to swap the SIM card over for you in-store, and check it while your there.

If it still displays after that then you may have a faulty handset, and assuming you just purchased you will be able to get a refund / replacement. Do no accept a repair from O2 if your handset is under 14 days old (or 30 under the new regulations beginning yesterday)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great explanation @PhoneChanger
Message 6 of 6