cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: faulty phone/cracked screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

fauly phone won't be repaired because screen is cracked? was told phone's out of warranty. I want my phone back bro it's working state. I'm not complained about a cracked screen. Does this mean I would be paying for a service not received? I 've been quoted £120 for repairs and I'm just 9 months into a 24 months old contract. I do not intend to pay that money. Any urgent advice pls!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
A cracked screen is not covered by warranty and therefore would have to be repaired before any warranty investigation could be carried out.
If you got the screen replaced somewhere cheap you would invalidate the warranty, so your only option is to pay for the repair then allow the repairer to complete the warranty work.
Unfortunately, it does not mean you are "paying for a service not received" as you are paying O2 to supply your network connection through the sim card which you can put into another phone.
If you have insurance you can claim off that for the screen repair ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the screen is cracked they will want to replace that as opening up the phone may cause more damage.

Decline the repair and they'll send you it back.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you know the screen was cracked @baobab22?    I ask because when I got my S4 I wanted to recycle my S2 which was in pristine condition.  I sent it off to O2 using the prescribed procedure and almost immediately got a reply saying the screen was damaged and they would offer only £9 instead of the previously quoted £95.  Naturally I declined and asked them to return the phone which I received soon afterwards.  There was no damage whatever to the screen so I got in touch and queried this only to be told that one of their technicians had examined the phone and discovered a few pixels were burned out (or words to that effect,  I can't remember the exact terminology) though this would not be obvious to the casual user.

The phone is still in use and I have serious doubts about O2's attitude and practices in the matter of recycled equipment.

Gerry

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I always suggest a person goes directly to the phones manufacturer for assistance.

They know their hardware and software.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
A cracked screen is not covered by warranty and therefore would have to be repaired before any warranty investigation could be carried out.
If you got the screen replaced somewhere cheap you would invalidate the warranty, so your only option is to pay for the repair then allow the repairer to complete the warranty work.
Unfortunately, it does not mean you are "paying for a service not received" as you are paying O2 to supply your network connection through the sim card which you can put into another phone.
If you have insurance you can claim off that for the screen repair ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
They wouldn't attempt any repair as the screen problem could be made worse whilst disassembling the phone to inspect it. They would not risk liability for further damage so your options are limited.
Message 6 of 6