cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network selection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, can anyone advise how to stop the phone automatically selecting another
Network please. I live in northern Ireland, close to the border and it has occasionally picked up O2 IRL. I have an S4, thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
So are you saying if you choose manual and then select O2-UK from the list it still will connect to another roaming network?
If so something is wrong as the action of selecting manual then choosing your network should lock you onto that network only unless you then subsequently choose automatic selection......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Go into settings >> More Networks >> Mobile networks >>Network operators >> select O2-UK

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Jonsie, but unless I misunderstand this doesn't prevent the phone from switching to the Irish network automatically. I remember on a previous phone there was an option to prevent this.
Message 3 of 13

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I am not familiar with Samsung but with most phones there is an option to change between manual and automatic network selections.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aye, I'm sure there is I just can't seem to find it in the various menus!
Message 5 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry guys I don't think I have explained myself very well, I basically need the phone to be 'locked' on the O2 network once it's selected. At the moment there has been occasions when it has changed to O2 Ireland and the signal strength bar has little r above it, which I assume is roaming? This I need to stop!
Message 7 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Sorry @Anonymous 

Maybe @Anonymous can help?

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't believe it's possible I'm afraid that's why O2 recommend you keep checking it if you live close to a border it's a pain I know @Anonymous
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
So are you saying if you choose manual and then select O2-UK from the list it still will connect to another roaming network?
If so something is wrong as the action of selecting manual then choosing your network should lock you onto that network only unless you then subsequently choose automatic selection......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 13