cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my o2 app no longer compatible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all, ive had the my o2 app on my samsung gt-s5830i (android 2.3.6 gingerbread) for a good couple of years, recently the pin wasn't working to log in so i uninstalled it thinking it may help with a fresh install, but now i cannot download it, i get the 'not compatible with phone' message. just wondering if this is correct? so an app ive been using for a couple of years suddenly becomes incompatible just because it had an update......? once i were signed in using my email & password everything worked sweet before. maybe the older version is still available somehow? maybe im doing something wrong? i tried samsung apps but that just hangs on trying to update itself :-( please help, i know i can log in to o2 site for the info but the app was much better/quicker. cheers all 🙂
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would appear that it is no longer compatible with any devices running GB.
I assume the required levels of security aren't met on older firmwares anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would appear that it is no longer compatible with any devices running GB.
I assume the required levels of security aren't met on older firmwares anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that confirmation @MI5. I was going to 'suggest' that but didn't know for sure...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
sweet many thx for confirmation 🙂

Accepted & +Kudos 🙂
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good excuse for a new phone @Anonymous ?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

True...but maybe not this week....a phone has been just been released and to quote Oasis 'people are going mad for it'......but hey....:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
*other phones are available.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

yep it deffo counts towards it, last time i upgraded on the o2 website the monthly tarrifs for the new hadsets were more than double my exisiting £17.50 p/m so i didn't bother upgrading the handset.

@then about 2 weeks later my mate upgraded @ the c.w. and got a samsung a3 2016 for £17.50 p/m on o2 lolz

gutted with o2 for that, he says yeah but c.w has a deal on at the moment,

leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth, feel a little let down by o2,

then 3 weeks later i loose my o2 app argghhh 🙂

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There's always good deals from the independents if you shop around, esp as you aren't going to benefit from dealing with o2 directly on their refresh tariff.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In fact, I've just looked at CW and you can get the A3 from £13 a month, depending on tariff.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13