cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to get the mobile data on my samsung galaxy s3 mini but it doesnt seem to work when I have it turned on and when I am out and about it says no internet connection even though I have paid for mobile data and there is some available. Can someone please help me? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Text the word "active" to 2020 (free). Then follow the instructions that get sent back to you. Remember to restart the phone after you've saved the settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you are out and about, can you see at the top of your phone screen g, Edge, h or h+
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Are you on pay as you go?

Is mobile data definitely switched on on your phone?

Also, have you recently updated your software?

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are only seeing g then that is a 2g signal and it is unlikely you will get much Internet access from it. I normally get the page cannot be displayed.

If you are getting edge then to be honest that isn't much better.

If you are seeing h or h+ then you should be able to access Internet and email etc. How are you turning your mobile data on? I have an s4 and the process is similar.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Text the word "active" to 2020 (free). Then follow the instructions that get sent back to you. Remember to restart the phone after you've saved the settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alternatively if that doesn't work then here are your APN settings to add manually

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network
Message 6 of 6