cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z3 compact back cracked during charging

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I bought my Z3 compact a while ago and had no problems with. Up until one day after leaving it to charge I found the back cracked. I was wondering if this would be covered under my warranty or not. Thanks for the help
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Your best option is to contact Sony and not o2. O2 will just tell you it's user damage and not covered by the warranty. If you think it's a problem caused by charging then send it off to Sony for inspection.

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiaz3compact/

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Your best option is to contact Sony and not o2. O2 will just tell you it's user damage and not covered by the warranty. If you think it's a problem caused by charging then send it off to Sony for inspection.

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiaz3compact/

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It does sound like something you should contact Sony about.  I expect it is still under warranty.  Our Sony expert @viridis may be able to offer further advice though I am sure it will be the same as @jonsie has already said 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Agree send to Sony,
The phone keeps records of excessive temps but not sure how long they're stored for
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thinking about this though......very strange a back cracking during charging? I wonder if @Anonymous felt there was any excessive heat whilst on charge. It surely would have to be really really hot?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Maybe it was cracked before and the OP didn't notice.....?

Mmmmmm...very strange one this...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a cracked back screen which runs from the bottom left hand corner diagonally to half way up on the right hand side.

It happened a couple of months ago, and I have no idea when it happened,but I have been suffering with an overheating z3 compact since i brought it since, especially during charging.

I am writing today because i was searching for topics regarding the issue I have had for two days now.

No charge and no switch on..totally dead, tried all the different resets from forums etc..

really frustrated...still in warranty, but don't want to send off as not backed up,want to get phone back on backed up and then send of.

overheating + cracked back screens, coincidence?

Nick

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The overheating probably caused the crack.
If you can't turn it on there's no way to back it up so you have no real choice other than to send it off to Sony for them to have a look at.
You should have addressed the issue before it got to this stage tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9