cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z1 magnetometer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good evening all, I'm Larry and this is my first post to the forum. I have had many androids over the tears, lately all Sony, and I now have the z1, very impressed by the phone, but I have only now needed to use a compass only to be given the error message that it is has a magnetic sensor error, I was told my sony help desk to perform a fix using the desktop software which I did and it still doesn't work, and they have not replied to my latest message to them. Has anyone else out there had this problem and has managed to fix it.?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144505 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
It may be a hardware fault which would require you to return it to Sony for repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144505 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
It may be a hardware fault which would require you to return it to Sony for repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Yddraig_coc and Welcome to the Forum,,

If you've had the phone from O2 less than 14 days then they will swap it for you.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

After performing the recommended fix by the manufacturer without success then you do really have a couple of choices.

Re contact the manufacturer from their Uk Support page.
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Perhaps ring them on ;

Monday to Friday : 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday : 09:00 - 17:00
To call us by phone please call:
‎0370-5237237

Or you do have the option of O2 repairs as a last resort as we typically suggest a person goes through the manufacturer, as they know their hardware and software better.

Perhaps let us know how you get on.

Take care.
Message 3 of 3