cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Arc Software Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want my sandwich! I have a Sony Xperia Arc which I got from Carphone Warehouse but with an 02 contract. I have yet to get the software upgrade to the latest andriod sandwich/4.0 Cat Sad

When can i get the upgrade please? It is my understanding that 02 are blocking it for whatever reason and I think that is unfair!

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sniffles so looks like i cant get the update after all Cat Sad Oh well it was worth a try. Thanks for all the replies! I am due to upgrade in Febuary so i shall hunt around then for a snazzy new mobile!

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 wont release the ICS for the Arc even though Sony have perfected it ( 3rd time lucky ) with version 4.0.4.

I've got a Arc S that was bought unbranded so it runs generic Sony firmware, i've been running ICS 4.0.4 since late August when Sony finally got it working correctly.

There are way's of flashing the generic Sony firmware to the handset ( have a look on the net ) BUT be warned if you brick the handset attempting it Sony WONT cover the repair under the 2 year handset warranty!

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me when Sony said they would not honour the manufacturer's promise to make ICS available for the Arc? I have an Arc which I bought outright from an O2 shop (Ipswich, Suffolk) and though it works well, I would like to have the latest software. Sony PC Companion tells me always that my software is up to date but this is not correct. If Sony cannot keep its promises, I don't see why my next phone should be a Sony!

Message 3 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Any help?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/38387

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of the reasons I only buy unbranded handsets, it annoys me that network operators are allowed to mess around with phone manufacturers software & add features most people dont care about or even want.

Network operators should just concentrate on giving a good service & leave the phone manufacturer to look after the software for its handsets & any fallout that happens due to a dodgy update.

Message 5 of 18

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Sorry to hear of your problems.

But it was all over fb (from sony) saying they won't be giving 2011 handsets ics.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 6 of 18

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@macblank wrote:
But it was all over fb (from sony) saying they won't be giving 2011 handsets ics.

What's that link I posted all about then?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 7 of 18

macblank
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I don't know? But earlier this yr they said before SE became Sony, that 2011 handsets wouldn't be getting it.

So the arc s would get it but the arc. I haven't seen anything on their fb page.to say otherwise. Soz
Samsung Galaxy S3

Message 8 of 18

macblank
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Typo...

But the arc wouldn't.be getting it
Samsung Galaxy S3

Message 9 of 18

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That link only appeared two days ago and says Arc not Arc S.

Message 10 of 18